– succeed in rigorous curriculum;
– complete a college prep path;
– participate in mainstream activities of the school;
– increase their enrollment in four-year colleges; and
– become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society
The AVID elective class provides students with support, strategies, and direct instruction to help them complete rigorous work and meet or exceed high standards in each content area. In order to do so, the goal is to assist students:
– develop as readers and writers
– develop deep content knowledge
– know content specific strategies for reading, writing, thinking, and talking
– develop habits, skills, and behaviors to use knowledge and skills
– become aware of the “hidden curriculum” in schools
– develop collaboration
– develop organization
– 2.0-3.5 GPA
– College potential with support
– Commitment to hard work
– Desire to succeed
– May be the first generation to attend college
– May be low income
– May be underserved in four-year colleges
See Ms. Hawk for details!
< a href=”:www.remind.com/join/mshawk>Remind</a> allows you to receive text messages for important due dates and class information. Please note, your carrier may charge text messaging fees.
<a href=”https://pasco.instructure.com/login”>Canvas</a> contains all relevant class information.
Check out our Facebook page, our name is Stewart Middle Avid!
Elementary 5th grade App– Due by March 27th!
AVID Application – 6th & 7th – Due by March 27th!
AVID in Action: