Tomorrow is our trip to see the Florida Orchestra at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel. Here are some trip details:
- 10:30 a.m. – All Students report to the Music Room
- 11:00 a.m. – Depart for the Concert
- 11:45 a.m. – Concert!
- 1:00/1:15 p.m. – Lunch @ RBSMS
- 1:30 p.m. – Return to Class
- Uniforms: For this trip students may dress in appropriate school clothes.
- Chaperones: Please try to be here by 10:30 a.m. You will be required to sign-in in the front office with your ID.
Remember, all students must have their transportation forms and trip money returned to Mr. Schmidt prior to the trip. Students without the transportation form will not be permitted to attend.
Congratulations to the following students to being selected to the 2018-2019 Pasco All-County Chorus!
- Tejacion Chapman
- Khloe Cribbs
- Talen Geisenheimer
- Kileanne Hamilton
- Areyanna Rodriguez
- Hope Tacket
The All-County Chorus Concert will be held at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel on November 10th at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are FREE!
Beginning on 11/8, our Band and Chorus will be holding it’s annual candle fundraiser. This fundraiser will run from 11/8-11/19. All forms and money are due in class on 11/19. Each candle costs $12.00 and will earn our music program $5.00! Our goal is for each student to sell 8-12 candles. If every student can meet our goal, our program would raise $7,000-$10,500!!!
For friends and family members who live too far away, they’ll be able to order online! To order online, follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.chestnuthillcandle.com/fr.html
- Select your candles. Online orders require a minimum of 4 candles per order.
- Click “Add to Cart”, enter your shipping information, then cick “Checkout”.
- Fill in your information and enter our Group ID #. Our Group ID # is 3325. You must enter our Group ID for us to earn credit.
- Submit your order!
We appreciate everyone’s help in supporting our music program. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some photos/video from last night’s Middle School Band Night, with the bands of ZHS, RBSMS, and CENMS.
Today, student’s received the audition materials for the 2018-2019 Pasco All-County Band. The audition consits of 3 parts, including Scales, Prepared Piece, and Sight-Reading. Students who choose to audition must perform their audition for Mr. Schmidt prior to the auditions (only well prepared students will be permitted to audition). We will begin working on these audition materials in class daily.
Student’s who audition for the All-County Band will receive 1 Performance Objective. Students who are selected to the All-County Band will receive 10 Performance Objectives (including Audition, Participate, G/C/F/Bb/Eb/Ab/Dd/Chromatic Scales)!
Quote of the Day!
“I have said many times–if I hadn’t been exposed to music as a child I don’t think I would have been president.”
– Bill Clinton, President of the United States of America